Menu
kthla
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi folks.  I've just come over to Virgin from BT.  The switch over was fairly painless, except that the installer said, (and showed to my wife a web page to confirm) "There you go, your broadband is up and running".  As a computer numpty I did not know how to get the Virgin connection and BT had cut my broadband.  I got great help after dialling 150. I'm a bit p'd off that the installer said it was all up and running, but it is now obvious that I was only connected via BT when he left!!!  Grrr!   Anyway, I have just one niggle which appears to have started since coming over to Virgin.  When I try to close down web pages by clicking on the red cross in the top right hand corner of the screen, the last web page will not close down!!  is this an obvious fault?  Is it easily resolved?  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newbie

Hi kthla

Welcome to the community and Virgin Media Smiley Happy I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't connected to the internet after the engineer finished the install but it's great to hear that the team were able to get everything sorted when you called in.

The broadband connection wouldn't have an effect on closing pages via the the red cross in the right hand corner. What happens when you click to close a page via the red cross? Do you get an error or are there other pages open behind it?

Speak soon

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kthla
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newbie

Hi Ty, I did a system recovery and all is ok now. Thanks anyway.

keith

Ty_S wrote:

Hi kthla

Welcome to the community and Virgin Media Smiley Happy I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't connected to the internet after the engineer finished the install but it's great to hear that the team were able to get everything sorted when you called in.

The broadband connection wouldn't have an effect on closing pages via the the red cross in the right hand corner. What happens when you click to close a page via the red cross? Do you get an error or are there other pages open behind it?

Speak soon

Ty

0 Kudos