Menu
Ashroneuk78
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New user - NOT

Today was my day to get connected! Waiting for over 2 weeks... I cancelled my BT broadband, and was looking forward to my 200meg Virgin connection!

Got all the text messages, etc... took day off work... (was my last available holiday too) and hen guess what!? They never turned up. No phone call, no text, no nothing!

I started calling at 11:30 (my appointment times 10-2) and was told there was a slight mix up, as the 1st team of techs, to pull the cable havent turned up and therefore the 2nd tech cant come till they come. Was told that a manager would call, nope. no one called. 

I called another 3 x before I was told by the polite lady that it wasnt going to happen... and that they will have to give me the next available slot of the 12/12/16. So now I have no BT broadband and no virgin.

Heres the really funny bit... I tried to join Virgin last year, and the EXACT same thing happened then... but I thought, no way will the eff up twice! How wrong I was.
So now I have to hope and pray that BT will turn me on ASAP, as i have a 12yr old who likes his online gaming and a pregnant wife who likes box sets. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New user - NOT

Hey there Ashroneuk78,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with your install, it sounds like a real pain, especially as this isn't the first time it's happened.

I'd like to keep in touch with you and ensure you're up and running as planned on the 12/12.

I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your account info.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ashroneuk78
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

2 weeks ago, I got a call from the CEO complaint department. 

He said I'll provisionally book you in for the 14th dec as new install date. I asked him what happened about 12th? He said no one booked it. loool

Anyway, he also said it will be done way before 12th so dont worry.

No one contacted my last week, so i called myself on wednesday to ask if anyone will come and pull the cables? Was told it will ALL happen on 14th, and not to worry.

I then got a call on Thursday from CEO team to tell me my install will happen BEFORE christmas, but not 14th as they have no one to pull cables. WOW!

This is considering it was gonna happen before 12th!! I was then told, 'I thought you were going back to BT' hahahah. seriously?? omg!

Anyway, after I nearly swore the chap promised to call me back and he did within 2hr and said hes made  a mistake and install will go ahead on 14th.

So now, I will leave it in the hands of God...

In the meantime I have contacted BT and they have promised to turn on before Christmas too. Plus they have sent router already!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its one of the hazards of changing to a totally seperate network. My advice to people is always to overlap services with your old provider, as both services will work in tandem unlike with a change of provider on a BT line.

I'm not surpised the problem has happened again if you cancelled the first time. VM will not pull a new cable if an order is cancellled, & there will be no record if a problem was encountered previously. We are approaching Christmas now, so the repull teams (that are seperate from the installers & have to cover several adjacent cable areas) will be working flat out.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Ashroneuk78
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Today 6 engineers turned up.

The cable guys turned up 1st... dug up the ground... then techie turned up who asked if i had a drill and drill bits he could borrow. lol

Then after about an hour when I assumed the install was nearly complete, the techie informs me the cable guys didnt bring any cable, and that it will take another 24hrs... loool however after me getting on the phone to the non-helpful and rude agent, another technician turned up and decided to connect me to the neighbours master cable.

Then after installing and plugging the router in, i was told wait 20min for firmware update and all will be ok. 1 hour later... nothing! Called virgin and lady said give it another 20min.

5 hours after technicin left, still nothing. CAlled virgin back and finally got through to a guy who knew what he was doing. He fixed problem and got me up and running.

Now I have to book another day off work (dont know for which day) to have master cable installed at my premises.

All i can do now is laugh! LOOOL

0 Kudos