Menu
Rawehide
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New superhub 3 modem, internet not working correctly.

Hi

I have had to get a new modem as the other one had broken, I had gotten it yesterday and set it up and all was ok. Today I'm having an issue where I can connect to the internet but when I try and open a new tab on a web browser it's saying there is a problem and cannot find the server. I have tried using different browsers and get the same thing. Any ideas why this is? I restarted the modem and it seems to be ok for a few minutes and it works ok but after that it stops again. It's rather annoying. When I do restart the modem on my we browser I also get there is a connection problem page and when I click it to try and fix it, it says it can't and I need to contact the cable operator.

0 Kudos
Rawehide
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New superhub 3 modem, internet not working correctly.

Hi

I have no internet at all now but your services say there is no issue with broadband, while there seems to be a issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rawehide
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I had found the issue, while i was connected to my works VPN i could not use my internet locally. What i had done is untick "Use default gateway on remote network" option on the VPN network settings and that resloved the issue. This can now be closed.

Thanks

Angie

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angie,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community!

Sorry for not replying sooner, I appreciate you've updated your post to let us know all is well.

Thanks again for using the forum, let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos