Menu
CicAndrews
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

New software deployment - 9.1.116V ?

I understand that a new software 9.1.116V should be deployed "soon". 

How do I know when my area will get this upgrade?

I note there was a post dated 22 Sep 2016 by someone who was updated to 9.1.116V ,  This implies that the roll out is very slow.

0 Kudos
CicAndrews
Tuning in
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Sotware level - suggestion to VM admin

I have put up a separate post asking about when the new software 9.1.116V for SH 3.0 will be deployed in my area - but this is a generic suggestion.

I suggest there should be sticky post showing what is the current software level for the SH 3.0.  As software deployment seems to vary from area to area this post should indicate the deployment date by area

0 Kudos
sja
Dialled in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sotware level - suggestion to VM admin

I think it's avilable to everyone everywhere (but not absolultely sure on that)

Turn your hub3 off (then wiat 10 seconds) and turn on again and you will likely get the update.... it may take up to 20 mins to update, wait for all the green lights to go out.

0 Kudos
Raxx
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Interesting, 9.1.116V is supposed to be the latest release?

I have 9.1.88J5 and am curious how .1 is newer than .8?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: New software deployment - 9.1.116V ?

CicAndrews wrote:

I understand that a new software 9.1.116V should be deployed "soon". 

How do I know when my area will get this upgrade?

You don't. There's no way of finding out specifically when.

I note there was a post dated 22 Sep 2016 by someone who was updated to 9.1.116V ,  This implies that the roll out is very slow.

I'll repost here what I wrote in the port-flapping thread on the 2nd of November:

General release of 9.1.116V firmware (that fixes the port-flapping issue)

Update news:

The SU's have just had confirmation from the firmware team that the 116V general roll out to areas has progressed as planned over the past week and should be completed by the end of the month. As a result they're now happy for this information to be shared publicly.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

CicAndrews wrote:

I have put up a separate post asking about when the new software 9.1.116V for SH 3.0 will be deployed in my area - but this is a generic suggestion.

I suggest there should be sticky post showing what is the current software level for the SH 3.0.  As software deployment seems to vary from area to area this post should indicate the deployment date by area

Assuming all goes to plan, by the end of the month everybody should be on 9.1.116V. Even us triallists don't have a newer firmware yet.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Raxx wrote:

I have 9.1.88J5 and am curious how .1 is newer than .8?

116 is a larger number than 88.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

MUD_Wizard wrote:

Raxx wrote:

I have 9.1.88J5

You should at least have 9.1.88T as a minimum. 9.1.88J5 is about a year old and 9.1.88T has been on general release for a long time. I would reboot (or factory reset with pin - beware you'll lose your settings if you do that) your hub to see if you get a newer firmware.

A reboot should only be necessary for some people, in cases where an update does not happen automatically.

and am curious how .1 is newer than .8?

0 Kudos
CicAndrews
Tuning in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand why information about release of new software for the hub 3.0 is either secret or vague. 

Someone must be making a decision when and how new software is released.  Why isn't that information available - either on this support forum or on an VM technical web page.

0 Kudos
Raxx
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

MUD_Wizard wrote:

MUD_Wizard wrote:

Raxx wrote:

I have 9.1.88J5

You should at least have 9.1.88T as a minimum. 9.1.88J5 is about a year old and 9.1.88T has been on general release for a long time. I would reboot (or factory reset with pin - beware you'll lose your settings if you do that) your hub to see if you get a newer firmware.

A reboot should only be necessary for some people, in cases where an update does not happen automatically.

and am curious how .1 is newer than .8?

The SH3 I have was only installed on Monday 31st and it has already failed twice trying to do an update so I don't think any pinhole reset will work I'm afraid due to a file corrupt log that shows after the failed attempt. Why it does not have the latest firmware already as you state .88T is a mystery, one can only assume it's been sitting around in the back of the van with the tech desperate to get rid of it and I was the unlucky customer. I was looking at the whole number .88J5 which maybe by my own fault looked a larger number than .116 if you like. I'll put it down to a 'blonde moment'

Does the latest firmware address the issue of the power levels being shown in dBuv (micro) instead of dBmv (milli) as per the previous SH1/SH2? or am I having another 'moment' on that one too...........

0 Kudos