Menu
Rj500
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New private road on old virgin media supplied plot

Hi all,

I have recently moved into a new build 1 of 5 properties built by an independent developer on an old bungalow plot. After having trouble with sky for the whole first 6 months I really want to get back to VM as have been with them for years until I moved here.

I see lots of questions about cabling my street etc. But what about if the plot that the houses are on already has virgin cabling? The private road obviously didnt get the run of cable from the street location but would this make it easier for me to get if its just the cable that needs laying on our private property? We have a bt drop cable put in by the developers not sure if this can be used to pull cable back from the new street entrance?

Do I have a different situation to requesting cable in my area? Given the old plot we are on is in a VM area on the system?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New private road on old virgin media supplied plot

You really need to speak to the Cable My Street team.

Someone from Virgin Media should respond to your post and be able to assist you with this.  Unfortunately it often takes them up to a week to respond to posts on this public forum but that is likely to be your best bet.

Please let us know how you get on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
TonyJr
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New private road on old virgin media supplied plot

I had the same situation - I had to speak to sales first, who said no to the new postcode, but I mentioned that the toby for the original property was pretty much bang in-line with my property and then in a few days, a very informative manager from the local headend called me. I emailed photos etc and then he sent a spotter out. He took a quick look and said no problem, then within a few days the cable was pulled and coiled ready for the installation booking. What excellent service.

TonyJr