Menu
Puppy59
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New installation procedure

Hello, I’m new to the forum and VM, so be gentle with me 😉.

The area I live in is new to VM, all of my street was dug up in August, and cables laid to every property,with a corresponding “T “ left outside the boundary of each house,and a little grey box at the end of our road. 

I was called by VM, a couple of weeks ago advising that I could order broadband (as I had previously registered my interest ) so I have an installation date of 18 November. I received emails from VM inviting me to register and log on to my account, so I did this and proceeded to my orders, and noticed that as well as the installation date, I had an "engineer will call” date of the 6th of November.

Anyway, no one turned up so I logged in again on the 7th, and the “engineer will call “date was updated to the 7th, you can see where there this is going, I’m now writing this on the 9th and still no visit. I called VM on the 7th, and was advised that the visit was to fun the fibre from the cabinet to the house in advance of the installation date, otherwise the installation date could not be done. I called again today asking why the “engineer hadn’t called” yet, only to be told that not to worry and that the engineer call could be carried out with need of access to the property (not sure why this is needed then), and that the fibre from the cabinet to the house would be completed on the 18th!  To be honest I was having difficulty understanding her, and probably vice versa, so I’m none the wiser as to what the procedure is, hope this makes sense!

Can anyone help and advise me what the “engineer call” is all about?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New installation procedure

Hey Puppy59,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Apologies for the confusion over the engineer date, I've had a look at things and it seems that you may have spoken with someone since posting, have they been able to clarify things further? If not, just let me know and I'll gladly look into things further.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Puppy59,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Apologies for the confusion over the engineer date, I've had a look at things and it seems that you may have spoken with someone since posting, have they been able to clarify things further? If not, just let me know and I'll gladly look into things further.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Puppy59
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Got my engineers appointment today, as I suspected this is to install the brown box outside of the house and blow the fibre to the house. Unfortunately the guys weren’t able to complete this due to a blockage 52m from my house (strange, as the whole infustructure in brand new), they will have to arrange for the pavement to be dug up and the ducting to be checked out.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could pull some strings and get this sorted before my installation date on Saturday ?

On a side note, the guys did a neat job of laying the ducting from the pavement to my property, top marks👍

0 Kudos
Puppy59
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting on an update on this, the pavement was dug up last Friday, and 5 cables repaired (they had been crushed by the council who had dug up the pavement for some reason). The guy living directly beside the hole in the pavement (still hasn’t been filled yet) had his Cable pulled on Friday after his duct had been repaired, but I’m still waiting 😤

0 Kudos