Menu
Highlighted
Wardy41
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New installation not working

Hi, can anyone shed any light on this for me?The engineer installed tv/phone/broadband today at around 12.30pm. He could not get anything working and requested a line pull through and raised it as a D5? He patched it onto my neighbours drop cable ? for now and said there was a problem and things would be sorted later, then connected my Sky back up and left. I contacted customer services and after speaking to three people the engineer came back to fix the phone and left and still nothing works ? 

0 Kudos
sn17
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation not working

Hi there,

I have a similar issue - had engineers come out on Friday morning to install TV, phone and broadband. Was told there were issues with the Internet activation but it would work later in the day. After the engineers left and i tried to use the phone found there was no dial tone. Called Virgin customer helpline and was told that it would take 24-48 hours for the installation of the phone line to be completed...it's now Sunday night and I still have no phone and no broadband... Very quickly regretting my decision to join Virgin!!
Wardy41
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm thinking the same about regretting it. After four 45 minute calls on my mobile I've been told I need a new cable connecting and it's going to be the first of June before anything is working. To say I was a bit annoyed is an understatement and asked why the engineer never explained that this was the case, not a flying start with customer service 😡
sn17
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm preparing to ring customer service again...hope I get a better response than you have but not holding my breath!!
sn17
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quick update from my call to customer services...got through to a lovely advisor called Dennis, he's sorted my broadband (woohoo!), still no phone yet but have been told the issue might resolve itself in the next couple of hours, if not an engineer will be coming out Wednesday afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed that I might actually be able to use everything I'm paying for sometime soon!
Wardy41
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great ! Glad you are getting somewhere, I might ask for Dennis myself 😂. I'm still down for the 1st June, if it isn't sorted at that point I'm sticking with sky !
0 Kudos