Menu
Spacedust
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New installation newbie questions

Moving house on the 12th.

The house we are moving to already has Virgin TV/Broadband so all the cabling and sockets are in place. So I ordered a QuickStart package.

I have a delivery date for the QuickStart package of the 18th.

Do I need to have sent back the signed contract before the 18th? Because it will be posted to the new address which we will not have access to until the 12th. Easter bank holiday as well between those dates.

We also ordered phone and asked for our old number to be transferred from BT,

We need to use the phone at the old address up to the 12th. Do not want it active after the 12th for obvious reasons. But we were told not to cancel with BT. Virgin would do the cancellation as part of the switch. Is there anyway of specifying a switch day for the phone. Anytime in next 10 days means the line could still be active at the old address. We could incur costs if somebody decides to ring Australia.  :-)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Farhana
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New installation newbie questions

I signed my contract after my installation and faced no problems.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Accounts are tied to your address, not your name so assume the new account paperwork will go to the new address.

As far as porting the telephone number is concerned this is more difficult. VM will normally provide a temporary number at initial install, as calls to your BT number have to be re-routed from your existing BT exchange via VM's nearest regional headend to enter their separate network infrastructure, & this can take a few days.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Spacedust
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Understand contract will go to the new address. Just wondered if it has to be signed and returned before VM activate TV/Broadband/Phone.

Phone line.

I am now thinking that I may be better off cancelling BT. To stop somebody running up a bill for me from next Wednesday.

I assume if VM are unable to transfer my number I get a new VM number?

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I signed my contract after my installation and faced no problems.

0 Kudos
Scottjg984
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi i ordered the full package and meant to have my kit coming tomorrow however I've not been contacted since making the order no email no calls since i got the confirmation emai on Friday so i don't even know if I'm actually getting services or not is this usal practice will the kit come anyway ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scottjg984,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos