Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 14 (246 Views)

New install still not working 5days later! :(

Hi,
Had a new Install first thing Saturday morning. Two engineers installed my equipment but left me with only the Telephone line working. He told me i need to wait for the green light on the Router to change to a white light. It may take a few hours for the activation to go through, may take 24hrs or possibly 5 days! **bleep**!

I waited until Tuesday evening and gave 150 a call. Spoke to someone overseas who kept me on the phone for half an hour and said they would activate my new Router. After some unplugging, waiting and plugging back in again, waiting another half hour and rebooting still nothing.

Wednesday night i called 150 again, explained the situation. They tell me to wait while they do checks and will activate the Router. Did the same procedure with the same results! Sod all.

Difficult when at work all day to sort it when i can only get through to someone overseas by the time i get home. Will ring again tonight but what else can i do?

The Tivo box has a white light, the Router either has a green or flashing green light.

Not happy to say the least! The fact it didn't work when the engineer left i thought a courtesy call to see if it is working wouldn't be too difficult!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 14 (234 Views)

Re: New install still not working 5days later! :(

I'm not an expert in installation issues but I know an example of customer distress when I see one. I have asked the Mods to look at this for you. Wait here - they are getting round to this stuff pretty quickly.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14 (216 Views)

Hi there MarkC3,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies for the experiencing you are having trying to activate your broadband connection. 

I would like to check this in more detail, however I was unable to locate your account. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and address, I will look into this further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Joining in
Message 4 of 14 (210 Views)

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply's. I have managed to speak to someone at Virgin while at work this morning and have arranged an Engineer for tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can sort it out.

Thanks
Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14 (203 Views)

Hiya Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply and confirming your details, I appreciate it.

I'm glad an engineer has been arranged to check the activation for you and apologies for the delay.

If you can let us know how you get on after the visit, that would be great.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 14 (191 Views)

Engineer came this morning and had to take time off work. He tried another router and still could not get it to activate after many attempts. The router is stuck in 'Processing Mode' or something.
Apparently it is a 'IT' issue and someone needs to do some fiddling to get the modem to pick the signal up.
Engineer left me without any Internet/TV again but said by the time i come home from work it should be working.
Sounds very familiar! I am not going to hold my breath!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14 (172 Views)

Morning MarkC3,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

In regards to this issue, I can see that there has been an IT ticket raised to resolve this issue for you.

I will keep on checking this and once there are any updates, I will let you know.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 14 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes the engineer came Friday morning and the Router is stuck in 'Creating mode' and raised an IT ticket about 11am. Still no fix Friday night so called again. Assured would be fixed by the end of the day.

Still nothing Saturday so phoned again. After being put through to 4 different people they told me the ticket had not been raised until 5pm Friday (when i phoned them) and nothing could be done until Monday as they do not work weekends. The router nearly left via the open window!

This needs to get sorted today! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14 (146 Views)

Hi MarkC3,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In regards to the IT ticket, we are still working on this to get it resolved. The time-scale is 5 - 7 working days, however I do check this daily for any updates.

I know this is getting frustrating to say the least and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14 (126 Views)

Morning MarkC3,

Just wanted to let you know that the IT ticket has now been closed as resolved.

I can see you called through to us for further information and we area awaiting for the router to be re-booted. Once this has been completed, fingers crossed it will start working for you.

If there are any further issues, by all means let me know.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos