Menu
spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New install, no cable

Not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

Got Virgin tv, broadband and phone installed today, well nearly.

The guys turned up, no phone call in advance like promised but hey ho, but then they said there was no cable to my house so wouldn't be able to install the phone.

At the moment they have connected to the next door connection for tv and broadband gone up a gutter across a fence and gate down my gutter layed the cable on top of some plants along my wall then connected me up inside. I'm not blaming the installers I think they did the best they could.

I was told I need a new cable pull before I get my phone connected and my own connection for the tv and broadband.

Just wondered how long this will be and am I expected to pay for the phone line I don't even have yet.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New install, no cable

would be worth calling customer services to chase it up, since customer service should be able to contact the construction dept/manager to find out what date they can do the work.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @spacecadetuk normally the installers would give you a date for installation of cabling, this normally takes a few weeks to arrange since 2 man job, you could have a chat with customer services via 0345 454 1111 online chat http://contact.virignmedia.com (using PC/laptop), to see if there is any work orders in place.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the guys who turned up today were contractors and just said virgin will be in touch about the cable.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

would be worth calling customer services to chase it up, since customer service should be able to contact the construction dept/manager to find out what date they can do the work.
spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

took your advice and spoke to someone on webchat and was told 14/02/17 for new cable.

Just wondered if I have a case to extended my 14 day grace period as I haven't even got the full service yet.

Thanks for the help.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i would be calling back to ask for clarification, since i think the 14 days start from start of services working
0 Kudos