Menu
Timtimsen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer - installation

Apologies if this is on the wrong board.

I've waited 2 odd weeks for an engineer to attend and install my fibre connection. Prior to this my address checked out on the post code checker and I was also told that someone has previously had Virgin at the address (multi occupancy). Engineer turned up, looked in my room and in the hall, and then told me the building doesn't have cable - contrary to what I've been told. I called up Virgin and I was passed to the pre-install team the first time, the installation team the second time. Both times the call terminated after 20 minutes on hold. I'm starting to lose patience.

Can I contact Virgin by other means or request a callback? I don't see why I'm being told conflicting things - even the engineer says cable is in the area, but the road would have to be dig up. Sounds like no one has a clue or someone can't be **bleep** to do some work?
0 Kudos
Timtimsen
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - installation

*can't be gluteus maximus'd to do some work

Not at all happy that I've had to take the day off work for absolutely nothing.
0 Kudos
Laurie1945
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So what exactly is happening now, have you had a chance to speak to anyone since posting this yesterday?

If not, I personally would call 150 and get onto the "I want to leave" people, they are usually very very helpful if normal CS cannot help you. Otherwise you can wait for a rep to reply on here which to my understanding can take up to a week.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timtimsen, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are having trying to get installed with us Smiley Sad 

Since posting, have you had any luck speaking to anyone? 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

It looks as though due to the size of the building we're not going to be able to install you. This address has been listed as non serviceable. 

I wish I had better news for you and can only apologise that we're not able to offer you services at this time Smiley Sad

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos