New customer bin sent super hub 3 any goof

I am a new customer bin sent super hub 3 is it any good
0 Kudos
ccarmock
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer bin sent super hub 3 any goof

The Superhub 3 is the latest device from VM.  Of all of the devices VM have supplied this one is the most future proof as it will support more channels, and therefore the higher speeds as they are launched.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My SH3 works as well as my SH2ac (which is currently the best of the Superhub range in my opinion).

Your mileage may vary. There are a few issues still being worked on that you may need new firmware releases to resolve.

Depends what you use it for.

Certainly a nice hardware spec and once they finish the firmware it will be good.

legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

MUD_Wizard wrote:

Certainly a nice hardware spec and once they finish the firmware it will be good.

Thats if the hardware is fine for the firmware to run it better.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem with the Hub 3 is the firmware thats on it for non trail users. Hopefully soon they will release the new firmware that solves some of the annoying issues it has.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

legacy1 wrote:

MUD_Wizard wrote:

Thats if the hardware is fine for the firmware to run it better.

Your knowledge of hardware and how cable modems work is about as good as your command of the English language. i.e. Fatally flawed.

legacy1
Hero
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Theirs no reason for you to cover up what could be possible and silently covered up by having the new batch with replaced hardware fix.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

legacy1 wrote:
Theirs no reason for you to cover up what could be possible and silently covered up by having the new batch with replaced hardware fix.

I would ask you to explain your logic but there doesn't appear to be any logic behind your thinking. Watching too much X-Files?

<Cue X-Files music>

When features magically start to work properly after a firmware update, a VM man hasn't sneaked in to every user on the trial during the night to replace the 'chips' in the hub. You're thinking of Santa Claus. I'm pretty sure he doesn't work for Intel (who write the base firmware and designed the CPU), Arris (who write the bits on top and spec'd the hardware board), or VM (who configure it for their network).

dessy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

so its all sorted EH! ive had a ARRIS superhub 3 for ONE month and its BROKE got a new one through the post but yet to inaugurate it because the super hub 2 ac is just working so well. the superhub3 just started its faults by dropping my download speed from 150mbs to 4 mbs I complained to india and got told no problems could be found so I eventualy got through to a UK tech who ran tests and found the modem was faulty so replacement was ordered and recived (will eventualy plug it in) so it could be that I was just the unlucky one to get the only defective device eh!...............NAH!!!!!

0 Kudos