Menu
tekmobile
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New connection query

I recently signed up but was told I would have to wait for a month or two while some network upgrades were done before they can connect new customers.

My query is when cable was layed round my area all those years ago it was never layed up to my house I live and the end of a road about 6 metres away from the VM cabinet and the cable run goes from the cabinet down the street and around the corner bypassing where I live how will this affect me being connected would the installer be able to do a cable pull from the access point outside next door

Up until recently my house always showed as a non cabled area

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection query

They will probably break into the duct where it passes your house, then pull in a cable from the cabinet.
0 Kudos
tekmobile
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection query

The ducting does not pass my house I live on a dead end and the cabinet is across the road from next door then the ducting goes across the road from the cabinet towards next door to a access grate then down the street away from me with the little triangle access holes stopping off at every house.

I think there is ducting going along the side of the adjacent street which could be broken into but would mean digging up maybe half a metre trench in the street to get access to it which I doubt the installers will be able to do where next doors little triangle access hole is only a couple of metres away.

I just dont want any installers having to waste time coming out and saying it cant be done without council permission to dig up in the street and having to wait a further couple of months

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
0 Kudos