Menu
AL63
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New cabling in street

Hi,

A cabinet and cabling was installed in my street recently; how would I go about finding out when the service is available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New cabling in street

Hi there AL63,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I appreciate your query in regards to Virgin Media service being available in your area.

Have you registered your interests via our Cable My Street website? They will be able to keep you up to date on any further developments.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AL63
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam,

Strangely that site doesn't seem to work for me.  If I enter a neighbour's postcode and address where I know for sure that Virgin Media is available, I get taken to the order page; if I enter a postcode and address where it's definitely not available, I get prompted to register my interest... but when I enter my actual postcode and address, I just get taken around back to the homepage (maybe because the service is somehow "in limbo" with the cabling having been installed but not made live yet?).

I was just wondering how long after the cabling had been installed, it was possible to place an order.

Many thanks,

AL

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi AL

Many thanks for getting back to us.

There's no hard and fast ruling regarding this. Timescales for each street are different as variables for these will always be unique.

I'd like to test the issues you have had on our site however as this should be accepting of all postcodes, even if it doesn't recognise them for you.

There is an option to manually enter an address in this instance shown in the example below.

If you need us to support you further with this then please drop back a PM to me with your name and full address for me to raise this with our teams.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touchSmiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AL63
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

The new cabling in my street has apparently gone live and I've placed an order for Broadband and 'phone.

I did have a date booked (1st August), but heard a few days ago that some more work was required in the street and my install date had been put back by up to six weeks.

This seemed a bit odd to me as all your equipment was installed in the street just a few weeks ago, and there is an access point (little black triangular cover) just outside my house. I was wondering if you could find out what the problem is for me? (I'm afraid the service desk wasn’t particularly helpful). I won't be very popular with my neighbours if it's necessary to do more digging and leave further scars on the tarmac!

Also, I made the mistake of stating that I wanted to keep the same 'phone number when I placed the order; this meant that my BT account was automatically cancelled from the original planned activation date... so there was a possibility of being without 'phone or broadband for up to six weeks. Fortunately, BT agreed to cancel the cancellation, however I don't really need to keep the same number and would prefer to cancel my BT account personally when I am ready. I phoned the service desk to ask to change this on my order, but I'm not entirely convinced that they understood the request; would it be possible for you to update my order to show that I don't need to keep the same number?

Many thanks!
AL

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

AL63 wrote:

....This seemed a bit odd to me as all your equipment was installed in the street just a few weeks ago, and there is an access point (little black triangular cover) just outside my house. I was wondering if you could find out what the problem is for me? (I'm afraid the service desk wasn’t particularly helpful). I won't be very popular with my neighbours if it's necessary to do more digging and leave further scars on the tarmac!.......

Unfortunately WYSINNWYG ! (What you see is not necessarily what you get) Smiley Sad Meaning that invariably cable ducting and street furniture is often in situ before even mainline and residential cable repulls are organised and then dependent on cable segment size and mini headend capacity upgrades some further delay before backend is fully completed! (thus many months or a year can elapse even with Project Lightning before Sales/Marketing start soliciting subscribers).
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
AL63
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Got a text message this morning to say that the installation was going ahead today - it will be interesting to see if anyone turns up!

0 Kudos