Menu
ahoward99
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New cables

The cables used to set up my TV and Internet are way too long. How do i get 2 new cables about 50cm in length?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New cables

you can ring but its a non fault callout so will cost you just short of £100 - or you can work out a way to hide the long cables

Tony
0 Kudos
ahoward99
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't they just post me the cables? I think even I can connect them
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ahoward99 wrote:
The cables used to set up my TV and Internet are way too long. How do i get 2 new cables about 50cm in length?

The coax cables form part of the local network, so no DIY alterations should be made. As already stated, getting VM to make the alterations (& possible signal level adjustments) will cost £99. The only pre-made lengths are 3 metres.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can ask but it does not [usually] work like that - changing the length can change the levels so it really needs a tech to adjust things if that happened 

Tony
0 Kudos
ahoward99
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can I buy one from somewhere? Maplin/B&Q
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

search and you will find some to the correct spec but afaik the shortest is 3 metre - even using that you are breaking your T & C's and are open to problems

a call to retentions might get them to send a tech out at a lower cost - its worth the ask 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos