Menu
Babystrange11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New build house

Hello, I am moving into a brand new house on 31st march & I have checked current int speeds available & it's basic min. There is a brown virgin box attached to the front of the house but no cables connected.
Does this mean that I will be able to enjoy virgin broadband by the time I move in?
The house is planned to be completed this coming Wednesday.
TIA
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build house

Have a look at http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/ enter the postcode it should give some information certainly if they are going to rollout in the new estate

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The box on the front means internal wiring has been put in. External wiring is not installed unless you place an order. I have seen 2 to 4 week lead times for cable pulls being quoted on some posts here, so you could be waiting a while for an install.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Babystrange11
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But when I check online it states that virgin media isn't available at that postcode.
It's available at the older houses on the street but why would they install a brown box of virgin wasn't a possibility?
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The box was probably installed by the builder if they have installed internal cables. You need to call sales and ask them when/if service can be provided. It sounds as if at the very least you will need an external cable pulled in (assuming there is the necessary ducting in place). As nodrogd says this is likely to take a few
0 Kudos