Menu
jhicks
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Install Not Working

I had BB, TV & phone package installed today & the engineer just left without showing me anything working. It's now 8 hours after the install and I have no TV, no broadband (flashing green connection light) and no dial tone on my phone line (handset is fully working). An extremely poor start to my contract to say the least! Please can someone advise on how this can be rectified. Thanks.
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Install Not Working

Must be good and bad installers then as my experience a couple of weeks ago was completely different.

I was asked to check my laptop could "see" the hub and was asked to connect with the password and I did.

The installer phoned on my phone in to VM and spoke to someone who then asked him to pass phone to and a young lady asked me was everything to my satisfaction and it was.

Was also shown his metre reading of the speed to show I was getting the 50 Mps product, in fact was getting 55 Mps.

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jhicks,

Welcome to the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with this, definitely not a good start!

I've located your account and I can see the team sent out a technician to sort this out for you. How has it been since? Are your services up and running now?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jhicks
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the services have been running fine since the 2nd engineers visited. I must say that the second engineers were very good - professional and very thorough.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for updating jhicks,

Great to hear that this has since been resolved! Smiley Happy

Your feedback is also very appreciated and we will be sure to try and pass this on to the attending engineers.

Take care and let us know if we can assist with anything further,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos