Menu
tep1981
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Install - No Internet

Just had my service installed, managed to run a speedtest and got 218mbps download and 14mbps upload, but then 15 minutes later I lost connection

(currently posting using my original BT line)

I can connect to the router at 192.168.0.1, running the Hub 3.0 status overview tells me that

Wireless On
Internet (registration failed)
Telephony (disabled)

I'm getting a solid green wireless light (i can connect wirelessly but cannot access any webpages)
I get teo flashing green arrows and a solid green base light

Tried speaking to "Technical Support" online but they were clueless, and eventually just closed the connection

I've tried the usual steps of restarting the router with no success

Any clues?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Install - No Internet

it can happen to registration failed it happened to me took it 2 hours to get back online did the person rang you blocked but if the is a number if its not ring him back and tell him he maybe can get it to stay online

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
tep1981
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The tech support person disconnected from me, the engineer did actually come back and he fiddled about with the box outside my house then left

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tep1981,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your broadband, not a great start!

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and everything appears to be online and all levels are looking great. Are you still experiencing any issues with your connection?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tep1981
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This has been a catalogue of errors not only with the Internet but also the broadband

The engineer fixed the boradband it this morning, he replaced the isolator as the stinger was causing crosstalk, there was also a signal imbalance as well, basically the engineer who installed it did a rubbish job

8 days without Internet and around 6 hours on the phone to customer services,an engineer was booked in for yesterday between 4-7 and they never turned up, rang customer services to be told the on-site manager, someone by the name of Stan Galloway cancelled the call out for no reason, as you can imagine I was fuming

I purchased the VIP bundle but upon first use noticed I could not get Sky Sports in HD, rang customer services and spent around 25 minutes on hold, only to be told they put me on the Big Kahuna bundle, they simply wouldn't accept they made a mistake even after I sent them the automated email from Virgin confirming I had purchased the VIP bundle, eventually the supervisor added the missing channels but even then did not agree they made a mistake

I was with Sky for 5 years and didn't have to call once because of errors/faults

Hopefully nothing goes wrong again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tep1981,

That sounds like a nightmare! I'm really sorry you had to go through all that.

Please let me know if you get any more trouble and I'll check it out for you.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LoyalRoyal
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It appears you have a 50% chance that your engineer will actually know what they are doing. Then the customer service team will never admit to any faults, I had the same thing with the no show and then had a customer service team member tell me it had been rearranged whilst I was looking at the page that said it had not been rearranged after disappearing for ten mins not suspicious at all. The worst part is they don't seem to care that they leave you waiting around for days we should be thankful they fixed thew service we are paying for.

0 Kudos