Menu
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Customer - Does my equipment get delivered or brought by the engineer

I've recently signed up to Virgin Media for TV, Phone and Broadband.

Does the TiVo box and router get delivered through the post, or is it brought when the engineer arrives ? - They have already dug up the garden and put the cable in as far as the outside wall of the house.

Thanks in advance

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer - Does my equipment get delivered or brought by the engineer

install tech should bring all thats needed - first part of install is obviously sorted hopefully you now have an install date

Tony
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, install due on Thursday 23rd.

I assume the TiVo box, router and phone line all have to be located together where the cable is outside ready to come through the wall ?
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

things can be where you want them within reason - the TV/BB cable will come through the wall to an internal box - from that there will be a splitter for a cable to the Tivo and a connection to the hub for BB - the boxes can be where you want them - together or in separate rooms if wiring is practical - its a fairly heavy coax cable and the tech will not go under floors so it would be stapled to skirting boards or the like

the phone is a separate wire from outside and again connects to an internal box - again that can be where you want it [within reason] - the tech will try to keep it simple and easy [well they usually do] so talk it through and get what you want/need

Tony
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic! - I will probably go for the router and TV box next to where the box currently is on the outside, with the phone line going to another room at the front of the property.

Thanks again.

-

0 Kudos