Menu
grahamando
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Build Woes

Hi all,

I'm at the end of my tether trying to get VM installed into a New Build.

I had a signed contract (Account Number removed) but out of the blue VM cancelled the order and they've "deleted the address off their system".

I've been passed from team to team - New Build/Customer Service/Sales etc but when I give my account number I'm constantly told "they've never seen this before".

Installation was due to be on 23/12 but that's looking increasingly unlikely now. The new homes all have VM points and the street is installed but apparently the address has been deleted off their systems so they can't put the order though.

Any help or advice please? Thanks in advance...

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Build Woes

Hi grahamando

Thanks for joining us on the community and thanks for dropping by with your post about the new build issues you have had.

I appreciate that these delays are never ideal and I am also sorry to hear you have had difficulty when you have been dealing with our colleagues and they have been unable to locate your account.

Since you posted I know you have been in touch and the teams have confirmed that this needs a 2 man crew and construction and have advised you of the dates that this should be completed.

I'd also like to thank you for joining us on the community too, it's great to have you with us on the forums Smiley Happy

Keep in touch anytime you need us, we'll do what we can to help.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if you have a street access point or a connection i cannot see the problem but if the address is not on their system you are in a catch 22 situation - you need to get a spotter out to confirm what in fact exists - not 100% sure how thats achieved - will flag the post and hopefully get VM here a little quicker than the week its currently taking

Tony
0 Kudos
grahamando
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

I have a signed agreement between myself and Virgin Media but when I ring up they can't find my account. The installation date is supposed to be 23/12 but that is no longer happening as my order was randomly cancelled and nobody knows why.

Surely they're breaching the contract we hold?! It's taking forever and I'm not getting anywhere.

Getting an address "added onto their systems" is harder than Father Christmas' shift on Christmas Eve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi grahamando

Thanks for joining us on the community and thanks for dropping by with your post about the new build issues you have had.

I appreciate that these delays are never ideal and I am also sorry to hear you have had difficulty when you have been dealing with our colleagues and they have been unable to locate your account.

Since you posted I know you have been in touch and the teams have confirmed that this needs a 2 man crew and construction and have advised you of the dates that this should be completed.

I'd also like to thank you for joining us on the community too, it's great to have you with us on the forums Smiley Happy

Keep in touch anytime you need us, we'll do what we can to help.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"