Menu
grahamando
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Build Install - Multi Room

Hi,

I've moved into a new build with VM pre-wired for 3 locations (lounge, hall & bedroom).

I've got my install next week and want to know if the installers will enable points in all three locations or just one? I've got a second TiVo box already and wondered what the cost of getting the second point in the bedroom activated (already wired in and VM white plate ready).

Will the installers ensure I have points in the lounge and bedroom if I ask them?

Thanks
Graham
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build Install - Multi Room

If the property s pre-wired, all the access points installed should already be "live" & ready to go. As an existing customer that already has a second box on their account, the install should include this.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To build on Noddie's reply, it would be as well to check that the internal (or external) VM wall box has three cables coming out of it. That may be too simplistic a suggestion because new build cabling, built into walls, will converge somewhere. Maybe you can tell us where?

I suspect that VM intend the Hub to go into the Hall; not a bad idea. There would need to be a mains socket right there too.

Do please keep us posted as it'll be of interest to others.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
grahamando
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks both for the replies.

There are three wires out of the front corresponding to the three internal locations.

I guess I'll ask the installation team to enable all 3 points to allow all options in the future. Hopefully my spare TiVo will work in the upstairs point too with the correct setup.

Thanks
Graham
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The 3 points are passive and don't need activation. The equipment connected to the points need activation and if you haven't got an engineer install, then you'll have instructions for telephone based activation.

0 Kudos
grahamando
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

The engineer came round and installed one point (the lounge).

In the bedroom there is a VM wallplate (no sockets to plug in a second TiVo box).

What can I do to arrange to get this switched into an extra point for the second TiVo box I've got? 

Thanks,
Graham

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you can unplug the wall plate and tell us what's behind it, we might be able to advise properly.

Cheers

0 Kudos