Menu
millertron
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Build - Can't Order Bundle

Morning all

I've bought a new build home in the north-east pre-wired for Virgin Media.  I can see the blank Virgin sockets in most of the rooms with cable behind them.

Being a homeworker, like others I imagine, I was assured this would be active and ready to go on completion - however, when talking to sales I'm getting nowhere fast as the address does not 'exist'.  Houses opposite me are already online and have everything active.  I've tried getting the developer involved but had little joy with that.

Is there anything I can do to push this along or any advice you can give me? Do I just have to wait/keep onto sales until something changes?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build - Can't Order Bundle

hiya @millertron i would be giving sales a callback and ask them to send out a spotter they check the network setup in the area, or possible investigate to backend system to see why your address isnt getting listed.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I wouldn't get too enthused about expecting Virgin Media any time soon. 

We rent a new build home, and were aware we were moving in from February last year. We were told by the landlord that the house was Virgin and Sky enabled, so that we would be able to get either of them from the get go. 

I popped into my local Virgin Media store to enquire about getting Virgin in the house, they replied they had no records of it with it being a new build and they would call me back. I've been waiting for that call back for a year, and still nothing.

We went with Sky shortly after moving in in March 2016, and our contract is up in March this year. Contacted Virgin a few times about getting Virgin installed, like yourself, we have all the points in the living room and the Brown Omnibox on the front however I just keep getting told "it's not ready to be installed yet" however, landlord has told me that they worked in conjunction with Virgin to ensure all homes were set up to be installed from the get go.

Anyway, that's just my experience. I've escalated to the landlord to try and sort it out. Will keep you updated on what happens Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
millertron
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the replies - I was hoping for it all to be more simple (like was promised) but I guess things never are.

0 Kudos