Menu
Alexandros125
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Broadband customer

Hi, 

I rented a new flat and I was called by a Virgin's partner saying "your letting agency advised us that you are looking to install broadband and we have some amazing offers for you". For the 7 years I've been 'living' in England I never purchased broadband as I was happy with tethering my mobile's connection. But having experiencing the silly limits introduced some time ago, I thought to give the broadband a go and agreed on one of the offers they gave me. We booked a date for the engineer to visit and the service to start running - two weeks in the future. A day before the booked engineer visit, I was called directly by Virgin and I was told "dear sir, unfortunately there is no service availability at your flat and we only have up to flat 15. We will need to book another appointment for an engineer to come and inspect and understand whether Virgin services can be installed in your property". I go online now and put my flat's details and it says "Great News! the following services are available for you". 

I called Virgin customer service and I was told 10s of times "unfortunately" and "apologies" and wasted another 26 minutes of the most precious asset we all have; time. I now try to find a form or an email address to complaint and all I get is this forum. 

Who the hell are these people to cold-call you and offer you something that it's not actually available for you? Why do I have to wait 2 weeks (anticipating eventually after having sucked all their marketing stuff and how wonderful the Virgin world is and so on) just to be told that I'm the one who blokes the installation and because of that I'm not eligible for any compensation for the misleading and the wasted time and effort? 

A colleague sitting next to me heard the whole incident and he told me "Oh, I had the same story 15 years ago!". So is this a common practice in the country to 'fish' new customers? 

Are the responses here come from individuals or actual Virgin reps?

Thanks in advance for any response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Broadband customer

Hi Alexandros125

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your sales journey experience and my apologies that this was not a good one Smiley Sad

I appreciate that this has left you feeling frustrated as a potential customer and would like to see what we can do to support you with this.

If the flats are showing as cabled via our  Postcode Checker and are not available when we come to look at installing you then it means we would need to send a Spotter to see if this is a possibility as well as updating our online postcode checker. We do this for customers with a pending installation if this is needed.

For us to take a further look into this for you could you please send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to let you know what we can do to support.

Many thanks.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Alexandros125
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Broadband customer

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

However, my opinion for Virgin media is now negative at extreme levels.

As said, I was called by this company and I was told "mr x, we have some amazing offers for your new property and we can offer you the fastest internet in the UK". I didn't even go for the fastest one, I selected the 50MB because this was what I needed. At first, I was promised by your partners that on 27th of March I'll get internet. Then I received an email saying the engineer's visit has been rescheduled for the 30th, to which I thought "Fine, let it be although I wasn't even asked about my availability!". Then, on the 29th of March I was called to be told that there are 'constructions works in your area' and they had to postpone the visit for tomorrow, the 7th of April. Today, one day before the visit again, I was called to be told that 'unfortunately there is no possibility to offer you our service and we will have to cancel the order'.

So, all in all this company completely wasted my time and left me waiting with the expectation that will have 'the most stable internet in the UK' and I didn't even contacted them at the first place.

Being a foreigner (with all the consequences that come with it), I'm very tempted to criticize a little bit this great company, but I'm so excited about my upcoming plans that I just don't care about it. I asked though to not be contacted every again because I don't want to deal with such companies. Yet, I'm still expecting back my deposit money. And since no compensation will be given in this instance, the next moment I'll be angry at something (relevant or irrelevant to this excellent job from virgin), I'll make sure to express my anger online and spread the knowledge.

Thank you very much for your time. If you can liaise for all my details to be removed from anything relevant to this company, once I have received my deposit money back of course, then I will find your contribution to this matter truly helpful.  

0 Kudos