Menu
Chris-D
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Network fault not forwarded to engineers

My broadband, thus internet & email, and tv went "phut" at around 1900 on Sunday 2/4. I called 150 and the call handler said he had to arrange an engineer visit, the earliest would be on Thursday 6/4, four days away. However, he said that he could see calls coming in from my area so he thought it would be confirmed as a network problem pretty soon. As I had checked with neighbours in my area, I knew that it was a network fault, not my equipment. At 2105 I received a text cancelling my service visit and confirming that a network problem in my area had been found. OK, I thought, this will be a call-out and soon fixed - wrong! Two engineers turned up just after 0900 this morning. They found a power problem in the street box which they quickly fixed and restored the full VM service. I asked them if they only fixed network problems during working hours, and they replied that there hadn't been a call-out when my neighbours and I had reported the break in service on Sunday evening, and if there had been then an engineer would have been sent out last night.
This is the second time we have had a fault in the street box, acknowledged as a network fault, that the engineers have only been sent out in working hours the next day. What sort of service is that supposed to be?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network fault not forwarded to engineers

If it's only affecting a small amount of customers I would doubt they will send someone in the early hours
0 Kudos
Chris-D
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can understand your point of "early hours", but this happened in the evening and I don't class 9 o'clock on a Sunday evening as early hours. OK, I switched to the limited choice of Freeview, but others in the street do not have a TV aerial, presumably because they didn't think they would need one, and we were all deprived of internet and email.
0 Kudos
Chris-D
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would add that it was 9 o'clock when they confirmed it as a network fault, we, the consumers, had experienced the fault since 7 o'clock.
0 Kudos