Menu
VM_LH
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NetGear SuperHub Flashing Pink/Blue light on side of router

I am concerned the light on the side of my SuperHub is flashing!  it does this randomly for no reason!  i.e. I have not pressed it or requested it via the s/w interface, is there a fault with my router or is this normal?  or is someone externally! tampering with it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NetGear SuperHub Flashing Pink/Blue light on side of router

Hi VM_LH,

Thanks for posting!

With the particular Superhub that you have, the light on the side will flash blue/pink when held down for a few seconds. This is used to connect devices via WPS (wireless protected setup). I've run a diagnostic on the Superhub and everything is looking OK on this end.

Does the light in question have a Virgin Media logo on it? Does the light flash constantly like this (is it happening now)?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
VM_LH
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, in answer to your question, there is a VirginMedia logo on the side light which is Blue most of the time, but occassionally without me pressing anything it flashes Pink/Blue.  This is when i realise the device also resets back to factory defaults as well. which you will see I have raised a separate discussion on, as i dont always see when the light flashes i first realise there is a problem when i cannot connect to the web from my Computer or Sky Box.  so I end up re-programming the router so that i can connect to the web.

R.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi VM_LH,

Thanks for the speedy response!

It sounds like a faulty Superhub to me. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted out for you!

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos