Never Give up
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 32 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need Help again.

Hi piter, 

Thanks for posting to make us aware of your issues with your connection dropping, I can appreciate these issues can cause frustration so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I've tested your connection and I can see that there is a large number of T3 time outs stored inside the Hubs logs, in order to resolve these issues, I would need to arrange for an engineer to visit and make the necessary adjustments.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with the booking, it would be great if you could reply to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks,

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
piter
Superfast
Message 33 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Had a visit today from virgin media. as i had lack of service on friday connection kept going off and on for all day. Engineer could not find problem. my Previous levels were Downstream channels all at 0+ snr 38 and upstream steady 46.

After the visit my power levels +2 and +4 upstream 36 low and snr 38.

The only thing he changed was 12 attenuator for 6db can you advice why your engineers are not very helpfull? turn up at 11:55 8-12 slot and he was in rush... Thanks
Never Give up
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread with this information piter,

Really sorry to hear that the appointment wasn't successful. :/

I've had a look into this for you and I've not been able to detect any further issues via your equipment or network segment.

Let me know how the connection is performing for you currently.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
piter
Superfast
Message 35 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hiya again, Problems back to me again. Broadband went off  it self couple of times , This started from last week. When the broadband goes offline its usually back with in 30 min or up to an hour, but that's not right is it? Any help or advise would be great, Thank you very much.

Turning hub off for 30 seconds doesn't help.

Never Give up
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi piter,

I'm truly sorry if your issues have resurfaced! My tests reveal that the upstream network segment is reporting low SNR (signal to noise ratio) and a high number of FEC's (network errors). I have escalated this to Networks for investigation, fault ref: F005456542, and noted it on your account. This should show on our Service Status page soon for your to check for updates. Or you can request updates via this Forum. 

I am sorry for the disruption to your service - the SNR is dipping rather low and the impact on your connection will be in the form of reduced speeds and disconnections. But please be assured that we'll work hard to remedy this as quickly as possible.

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
piter
Superfast
Message 37 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for help Jen. Hope it will get resolved ASAP Smiley Happy

Never Give up
0 Kudos
piter
Superfast
Message 38 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hello any updates on these F005456542 please? Doesnt say anything about it in my account .. 

Problem still there, broadband went off again today for 23min..

Never Give up
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 39 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi there piter,

I've checked this for you and it appears that the ticket was closed the same day that you last posted.

How has your connection been since then?

Nat_J 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
piter
Superfast
Message 40 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Connection is very bad.. had few drops so no connection at all.. i got super hub 2 not sure if its any problems with it also my speed has been upgraded to 70mb but stuck on 50. Please kindly have a look again at your end as something is not right. Thank you.

Never Give up
0 Kudos