Menu
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

NO SHOW INSTALLATION

Due to have phone tv and fibre installed today moving from talktalk received various text confirmations including one this morning to remind me. Date was confirmed over a month ago, recent text said need to install cable to property would i like to be there when engineers come replied yes. Yesterday 2 engineers arrived  with no notification unfortunately i was not at home but according to my son they poked around by front door and lifted metal plate in path before going.   Having had reminder this morning assumed everything was ok but decided to have a look at my orders on website and noticed my installation date had disappeared to be replaced by TBC. Rang customer services who were apologetic but confirmed that work was required which may take 6-8 weeks ?   They then tried to put me through to another department but got cut off.  Tried to ring back but recorded message said everyone was busy got fed up with hanging on so gave up. so virgin media communications fail to communicate several times  Just as a side note have requested welcome pack 3 times {as my install confirmation letter said i needed to go through it} with promises it would be sent on all 3 occasions but still not arrived.  Just thinking maybe i should give Sky a ring ?

0 Kudos
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO SHOW INSTALLATION

So latest problem it appears virgin took over my landline on 31st October even though they could not install for another 6 weeks if there 6-8 weeks info is correct. So now I have no phone,broadband,or tv extras.?  Have been told they will release my line in the next 1-2 days so maybe talktalk will reconnect.

Can someone from virgin please tell me if this is correct as I am losing faith in your company.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there bg2,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I am sorry for the problems you've had so far with your install, this sounds frustrating. Let me check this for you and let you know what's happening.

I'll need to confirm your address, so I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right).

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Further update of problems. Talktalk have stated they would not reconnect without starting new 12 month contract so have had to pay for reconnection of phone and broadband on monthly contract with Ten Tel until Virgin can get connection sorted.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi bg2, 

Thanks for your post with your information Smiley Happy

I have taken a look at this for you to see what's going on and it's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, it is not having to wait 6-8 weeks for my installation that I have found frustrating but more the fact that because you took over my landline on 31st Oct even though you new you would not be able to connect services by that date leaving me without my home phone broadband or tv extras without any warning. I also found it frustrating that even though you had over a month from me signing up to installation date your engineers arrived the day before to survey site, and despite sending me several texts including a reminder on the morning of installation you claimed you could not reach me to let me know my connection had been cancelled. I am also frustrated by  one of your pre-install employees promising me a return call from a manager to discuss compensation for this situation including cost of having to pay for temporary services and never receiving call as promised.  You have also recently sent me a personal offer by post offering exclusive welcome rewards extras such as free tivo box  and box sets and confirming my street is fully connected.which just adds to the frustration.

0 Kudos
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So having waited for call back as promised from construction team decided better call them back instead. Now seems 6-8 weeks delay was incorrect as new date for street work to be completed is Dec 16th which will be 91/2 weeks from original install.Then have to make new appointment for house install.

Does anyone know if Virgin pay compensation for this sort of complete mess up of an install.

Thinking about day of work (not informed install was not going ahead)

Loss of all services for over a week (took over home phone line even though they knew could not go ahead with install)

Cost of arranging temporary  phone broadband and TV extras which are lesser service than i had for greater cost.

General inconvenience of whole eposide.

0 Kudos
catface1
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be a common thread here that the installation team, are on contract to VM, do not communicate with either the construction team or the sales agents who are probably employed by the Brothers Grimm to make up stories when the installation will commence.
0 Kudos
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply

I agree for a media communications company communication to new customers seems somewhat lacking. Don't know what the problem is  I'am sure not all the staff can be as disinterested as some appear ? Maybe there is a general shortage of staff and they cannot cope with workload. So far l have had 2 return calls  promised but not made no call to tell me install cancelled, have asked 3 times for welcome pack to be sent,still not arrived.   I am just hoping when l finally get installed the service will have been worth waiting for.

One piece of advise l would give to anyone wanting Virgin installed is do not cancel or let Virgin take over your line until they actually complete installation.Having a date for installation is no guarantee it will go ahead anytime soon.

0 Kudos
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Could someone from virgin please tell me what is going on with my installation ?

It would appear work has been done outside property to connect my services but l have not been able to make new appointment yet.  Either get cut off when being put through to someone who can help or have now been told will have to wait for construction team to ring me back in the next couple of days so that will be another week gone. So far l have been promised three call backs at various times in this process and have not received any of them so have no confidence l will receive call as promised. So would appreciate someone contacting me to sort out connection and who l need to speak to about compensation for loss of service of my previous supply caused by virgin and costs incurred to restore some kind of temporary service.   

0 Kudos