Menu
tweet1luv
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NO BROADBAND NO TV. NEW CUSTOMER

I’ve never been so badly treated with regards to trying to get a resolution to an issue I had nothing to do with.  14th February was supposed to be a great day, a day when we switched over to Virgin from BT.  Oh how wrong we were.  Engineer was supposed to arrive between 1-6.  Guess my surprise when the doorbell rings at gone 7 in the evening.

He gets about doing the install, sets it all up and then say can’t activate it as systems are down.  Wait till the morning.  GUTTED !!  I really wanted to watch Champions League football, but no big deal as tomorrow is my team and all will be up and running then.  

Wednesday must be one of the worst experiences EVER!!  I can’t tell you how many times the router has been powered down and then back on again.

Cables secured properly, checked.  This is the comical part.  OK, we will get an engineer to you by next Wednesday, 22nd!!!  Are you for real??  So, if someone can knock on my door at 7pm (out of work hours) and not finish a job, why can’t they pop around today and finish it off?

I don’t get why I need to be without TV and internet (during school holidays) for such a length of time?  What did we do wrong?  What is the issue that is so hard to resolve?  Should have stayed with BT? 

A really fed up and dissatisfied user.  (I’d say customer, but that would mean I have actually used a service).  Unfortunately, it has never worked. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO BROADBAND NO TV. NEW CUSTOMER

could be many things - there has been problems with activating new installs it could be that

normally takes VM a week or so to get to threads will see if i can get one of the mods to have a look at it from their end and see if all looks good - they may need some details so keep an eye on the thread and your pm box

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please

Tony
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tweet1luv,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you've had trouble with your install. I've tried to check your connection to see what could be causing this but was unable to locate your account. I've just sent you a private message requesting some information so that I can investigate this further. You can check your private messages by clicking the envelope at the top of the page.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

tweet1luv
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, so an engineer has turned up today (nice guy).  Swapped it in the cabinet and now have a stronger signal.  Unfortunately, Virgin again have an issue "activating" from their end.  This is the tale that never ends Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey tweet1luv,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry again for your connection problems. I've just taken a look at your Hub and I can see that you're now up and running. We had some delays with our activation signals last week, which has since been resolved. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks again for using the community, let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos