Menu
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NEW BUILD - Answers wanted

Hello,

I'm just wondering if you could help me. We currently rent a property and we have been here since March 23, 2016.

We were told the homes were Virgin and Sky enabled so we could be up and running straight away. We inquired with Virgin Media in February 2016 before we moved in who said they had no trace of the home on their system yet, so we thought nothing of it and have been with Sky since we moved in on March 23rd. (We've also been waiting for a call back from the St. Helens store since this time)

However, our contract with Sky is up in March, and we would like to have faster internet connection so we have been inquiring with Virgin Media again who are still saying the house isn't ready to be cabled up yet (despite us having the brown box on the front of the house, and the points in the living room for the cables, as well as a cabinet on the front of the estate) I've had numerous phone calls with the Sales team where we've been brushed off and told we will get it - eventually, but that's the extent of the conversation.

I sent an email a few weeks back to my landlord inquiring about having Virgin, in the likelihood of any work going on where they would have to dig to pull cables through, and was told that Virgin worked with my landlord to ensure all the homes were cabled up to be ready for Virgin Media straight away.

I've also had numerous phone calls with Virgin, where I've been told that the estate isn't ready for it yet. She took my details down and stated that they would "be in touch" (very ominous).

Now, I contacted my landlord again who in turn contacted the contractors who built the homes and the estate. They have advised that all of cabling infrastructure is fully installed and operational on our estate. So clearly the problem lies at Virgin's door. 

I'd like some answers to resolve this please, as this is my third post on these forums and I've yet to have a reply from anyone who works at Virgin to try and help me solve this issue. It's almost as though you don't want any new customers!

Thanks,
James

0 Kudos
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW BUILD - Answers wanted

Don't bother replying.

I've rang up this morning and basically been told "we don't have the time nor the money" so it could be ages till we get it.

I'll just go with BT - who have kept me informed throughout when we will be able to get fibre optic internet.

Absolute joke.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

I appreciate you were not looking for a reply after the call you made to us on the 10th but if you'd like us to look into this for you a little further then the offer is there.

This seems to be a Cable My Street query that we should be able to look into for you.

Can I check that you have registered your interest with the above CMS link? In order for us to consider areas we need to have an idea first of how much interest there would be in our services from potential customers, so the more people who register on this link, the better the chances of your area being included in our proposed network expansion.

I know from your post that the property appears to be pre cabled so if I can ask you to confirm if the registration has been done on the link I can then take some details from you and flag this to our Growth teams for you.

Kind regards, and hope to speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, 

Thanks for your reply.

I have registered with the Cable My Street link.

When I called last week on the 10th, I was told "we don't have the time, nor the budget to connect your house up yet" so I presumed that was just an unmistakeable "no"

Thanks,
James

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would stick with Sky for another 12 months (or however long there minimum contract term is) , then check back with VM about 2 months from end of your Sky contract

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos