Menu
SKul5237
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media WiFi keeps turning on and off repeatedly every minute or even less

Since a couple weeks back my WiFi has been coming on and off over again repeatedly. It's impossible to watch anything on my phone or on the laptop and it won't stop. I've checked the WiFi cables for any tears or problems and there are none. Is there anything I could do or does anyone know what's causing it?
Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My virgin media WiFi keeps turning on and off repeatedly every minute or even less

Hi SKul5237, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to learn that your Wi-Fi keeps turning on and off, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have run some checks from here and your Hub looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, when the WiFi drops what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

Have you tried a factory reset of the Hub to see if this helps to improve performance?

Also, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. before logging in it will say 'Router Status' in the top right hand corner. click there and all the information is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My virgin media WiFi keeps turning on and off repeatedly every minute or even less

Hi SKul5237, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to learn that your Wi-Fi keeps turning on and off, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have run some checks from here and your Hub looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, when the WiFi drops what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

Have you tried a factory reset of the Hub to see if this helps to improve performance?

Also, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. before logging in it will say 'Router Status' in the top right hand corner. click there and all the information is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

SKul5237
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you Adam. I have restarted my WiFi box and the WiFi now had been working properly with no issues.

Thank for your time
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey SKul5237,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks again for posting and take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos