Menu
Briandclark
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My network ports on my virgin hub 3 not working

Hi, I have been reading some of the comments about the problems people have been having with their hubs & it echo's the problems I've also been having. I got an upgrade from my old hub a few months ago now. I disconnected my old hub including the 4 network ports and connected up the New Hub 3. All setup but only the 1st network port was working. Contracted VM Support & they couldn't get it to work so they sent an engineer out. He came, checked it all out, changed settings, checked the connection in the street exchange box, etc, but still no luck, so another new Hub was ordered. It arrived a few days later, set it up and this time only 1st port worked, but that's all. After more technical support, still nothing more than 2 posts, so a 3rd hub was sent out. This time a hub 2ac was sent, in error, but even this only 2 port's worked. My 3rd Hub 3 has now turned up, so Will this work, or is there a major fault with the VM Hubs that is affecting the LAN ports?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My network ports on my virgin hub 3 not working

No there's not.

Every electronic device has a potential for failure at any point. Remote but its there. Given the amount of hubs you've had, statistically its unlikely to be broken port across what ? 4? HUBS

When this Hub arrives, plug the device you have working into the same (1st?) port of the new hub. Dont connect anything else. Working fine? Good. Now unplug it from THAT port and plug it into the next. Rinse and repeat.

Are all ports working with that device and that cable?

ALSO

You're not using modem mode are you?

0 Kudos
Briandclark
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My network ports on my virgin hub 3 not working

Yes, it's used as the BBd router and to connect some devices.

The engineer did as you suggested, wash n rinse, with no luck.

You're right, statistically not all should have the same issue unless there's a manufacturing issue with a batch of devices, but if that's the case a recall would have been called and loads more people would have the same issue.

Fingers crossed 4th time lucky. I know, just from looking at the manual with the new Hub this is from a different batch to the other ones.

I'll come back once I've set up to report on results. Cheers.

0 Kudos