Menu
Greeko699
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My Broadband Spurred to Neighbours

Hi all,

Not sure if this is in the right forum, but I'm hoping someone has some advice.

I've had Virgin broadband for years now; 2 weeks ago my next-door neighbour had an engineer come out to install their Virgin broadband. The engineer couldn't run the cable from the street (not sure why) and asked if he could spur from my connection to get them up and running until the next day. After receiving his assurance that someone would be out the next day to properly install my neighbours cable, I left it at that. Later I noticed that the panel was left in my front garden with cables exposed. The engineer that came the next day was only there to run a cable from the street to the front of my neighbours house, and after speaking with him, he had said it's nothing to do with him. I gave them a week to come out but they didn't.

I phoned Virgin myself 10 days later to explain the situation, and they sent someone out today to resolve the issue. He left my property and only had put the panel back on, rather than properly installing my neighbours broadband and removing the spur from my connection.

I phoned them again this evening and spoke to someone who didn't understand what I was saying, and transferred me several times until the phone rang out.

My concern here is 1) that this doesn't seem to be a normal practice, to spur off my connection. 2) that I'm having to do all of the running around after Virgin to resolve an issue they've caused. 3) that my connection is potentially being affected. 4) this wasn't even my installation, and I'm left with the issue to deal with, when I was just trying to help my neighbours get up and running!

I'm ridiculously frustrated by Virgin's poor response, and hopefully someone's come across this before and has a solution that will resolve it, without me having to keep running around myself!

Thanks in advance.

Chris 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Broadband Spurred to Neighbours

Greeko699 wrote:

My concern here is 1) that this doesn't seem to be a normal practice, to spur off my connection.

Happens often enough. e.g. when ducts are blocked.

3) that my connection is potentially being affected.

Unlikely, if your power levels are ok. What evidence do you have to assert this?

Read this thread for further info on shared cable connections: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Shared-Cables/m-p/3073133#M56251

0 Kudos