Menu
NaomiT29
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving out of parents home, can I take my TiVo?

I currently have a TiVo box in my room at my parents' house, but will soon be moving out and taking out my own Virgin Media contract. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to take my current TiVo box with me, given it would be moving from an existing contract at one address to a completely new one (200 miles away no less). Even better would be if I could get a V6 box on my new contract and still copy my existing settings, though I suspect that one is too much of a stretch.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving out of parents home, can I take my TiVo?

You wouldn't be able to easily take the TiVo box as that's connected to your parent's account. So I'd suggest you make sure you've watched everything before you move out, and let you parents cancel and return the box.

This is because in regards to the V6 box, from next week it becomes a lot easier to get. From Thursday it becomes the box included in all bundles when you join Virgin Media, except Player TV which will still come with the older TiVo box as standard.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
NaomiT29
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So without paying the extra £99.95, the V6 box will just be the standard box provided, in place of the current 500GB TiVo? Is there definitely no possible way of me taking my current TiVo or would it just be difficult?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It just would be difficult.

Remember if you order from Thursday onwards it's likely you'll be able to get a 1TB V6 box more easily than it would be to transfer the existing 500GB TiVo to the account you set up at your new address.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos