Menu
Efchutchy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house/issues with Virgin

Hi all, first time poster.
I moved to a brand new house on Friday having been an existing customer with Virgin Media broadband only.
I called Virgin last night to request that my account is moved to my new house.
Told by Indian call centre agent that I could not have broadband here, despite the fact that I have a Virgin media broadband point in my living room wall.
It's a brand new house and she was adamant that I couldn't have broadband. But over the weekend I've seen virgin vans on my road.
Long story short is that I was told I couldn't have internet here and that my only options were:-
1) immediate cancellation of existing account costing me £87. Plus I have to return the hub or face a £40 charge.
2) cancel now with effect taking place in 60 days at a charge of approx £108.
3) allow the contract to run to August at £32.50 a month meaning the buyers of my house get free internet access.
Naturally I chose option 1.
But I'm a bit annoyed that there's a virgin broadband point in my house and I was told I couldn't have broadband. Also the cancellation charge plus the potential hub charge seems a bit steep?
Can anyone advise me here?
Ideally despite the customer service last night I'd like to have Virgin Media broadband in my new house.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house/issues with Virgin

Most new build housing that is Virgin "ready" has in actual fact only had the internal wiring installed. There will also be (empty) ducting installed in the road outside. It can take several months for the necessary street furniture to then be fitted out, connected to the headend & then tested, so I wouldn't give up yet. The forum team here may be able to chase this & get more info.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Efchutchy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house/issues with Virgin

Thanks. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Miss my broadband Smiley Happy
0 Kudos