Menu
adamk81
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving a virgin media master socket when not a customer

Is it possible to get a Virgin Media engineer out to move a virgin media master socket (and the grey / brown box on the outside of the building)? These are preventing me from doing works to the house both internally and externally.

We are not customers of Virgin Media and do not want to sign up for a lengthy contract in order to get the box moved. The box was obviously installed by a previous owner of the property but not sure when.

More than happy to pay. Had the BT master socket moved by Openreach in the same way. Does VM have an Openreach-esque department I can contact?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving a virgin media master socket when not a customer

Hi adamk81,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

We can certainly arrange for an engineer to come out and move the socket however there is a £99 charge for non service affecting work to be done. 

You will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to get this organised. When calling, it will ask for an account number. Just stay on the line and it will then bypass this and take you to the team. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
adamk81
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well that was not easy. After getting the automated lady insisting on that she did not understand my input it eventually went through to the menu. None of the options were relevant to me so I decided on the closest which was to do with engineer appointments. The call centre said they could not help as they only dealt with faults. I was then transferred to Customer Services who said, quoting "as you do not have an account with us there is nothing we can do, you can therefore remove all the cables from your property, we do not send engineer's out to deal with that, however you will need to get them re-installed at a later date." This I found to be astonishing.

What do I do now? Rip them out myself?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi adamk81,

Thanks for posting.

We are unable to complete this work unfortunately. I am sorry about this.

Please let me know if there is anything more I can assist with,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

adamk81
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's a shame. Would the work be able to be completed if I was a customer?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes, but there still would be a fee since still classed as non-fault
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

just cut the cable at the edge of your propety and remove the boxes from the wall. it seems you have done everything you can to amke sure vm had the chance. its likely they have disconnected them in the green box so you should be safe. There is no voltage in there that will do any harm. the phone line may have 48v dc so it wont kill just use something insulated to be sure