Menu
Steve02
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Modem woes

my super! Hub is poor ,wi-fi distance is poor ,next doors bt signal is often better than ours ,it has the blue light flashing continuously,sometime it drops out altogether and needs to be switched off and back on ,I find it somewhat annoying that I can't speak to virgin media ,I have been a vm customer for 19 years ish and I think the service is worse now than at any other time .....

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Modem woes

I think what He's trying to say is you could put the hub into modem mode and use your own router to provid a better wifi signal...

or else you could have it not in modem mode and connected a router as a wifi extender.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Steve02,

Thanks for joining the community, great to see you here Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your wireless connection. I've checked your Superhub and everything looks normal, the blue light will flash when the connection is active, so don't worry about that. I wonder if you've tried changing your wireless channel yet? If not, this is a good place to start as it'll often improve issues caused by wireless interference.

Please have a try and let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you was to try modem mode it would be modem wow and your own wireless router.

Steve02
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't understand your reply 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think what He's trying to say is you could put the hub into modem mode and use your own router to provid a better wifi signal...

or else you could have it not in modem mode and connected a router as a wifi extender.