Menu
Disenchanted1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lots of charges, no basic service -area 21

Just wondering who else feels ripped off by VM?
Charged for 100Mb download and never get anywhere close in over a year. Broadband connection feeble, drops all the time - almost non-existent in the evenings, even the Speedtest app can't find a server to run the test. Spoke to customer services who admitted an upgrade was only due late August to fix an issue affecting people all year, promised to refund this months bill but...yep...got billed all the same. I don't recall an experience like this for years and it's like dealing with con artists. Other posts make it clear VM spin tales to customers all the time with no solution- just milk us for as long as possible. It makes the price hike particularly shameful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lots of charges, no basic service -area 21

Evening Disenchanted1

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are having an issue with your broadband service. I know this can be frustrating.

From checking your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that you mentioned which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003444101 and with a review date of 21st December.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Samantha_L wrote:

Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003444101 and with a review date of 21st December.

And your Christmas present will be a revised review date sometime in 2017.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Disenchanted1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The resolution deadline has passed and as expected neither the fault has been fixed, nor has the bill cancellation been honoured. There is no updated fix date yet, of course
0 Kudos
Disenchanted1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So, Emma, when exactly will someone get in touch. problem same as ever. Download speed last night and tonight less than 1Mb!!!

What a disgrace VM is.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Disenchanted1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked the high peak time traffic fault (F003444101) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 21st December.

I can also see that my colleagues have been in touch with you in regards to this and will let you know any further updates nearer the review date.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
antonyh
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

... and the new review date is 29 March 2017.
0 Kudos