Menu
dimbutnice
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Loss of broadband on Tue 14 Feb 2017 EH54 6BY

Broadband lost for several hours on 14 Feb.  When I phoned, a dalek said there was upgrading work going on in my postcode. It took my mobile number and promised a text when service returned, which was never sent.

Q1 - do I get any compensation for this broadband downtime?

Q2 - why was the promised text not sent?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of broadband on Tue 14 Feb 2017 EH54 6BY

Hi dimbutnice, 

Thanks for the post, I am sorry to hear about your issues with loss of broadband. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here for you and I can see that there's a lot of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs and an engineer will need to attend to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey dimbutnice,

I'll be honest with you, if the outage only lasted less than 24 hours, you wouldn't be entitled to a loss of service credit, as Virgin do not provide 100% guaranteed uptime on the service.

If the outage affected you for more than 24 hours, with a complete loss of service, then yes, you would be entitled to a loss of service credit.

Secondly, outages can be tracked through our service status page on my.virginmedia.com. In some cases, if the mobile number isn't correct, then the text wouldn't be sent. Also, I didn't know virgin sent texts confirming when an outage was resolved, so that's news to me.

Let us know if the problem has now been resolved though.
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos
dimbutnice
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dan.
I was aware of the service status info on Virgin Media. However it's impossible to check online when I cannot get on line. It seems the only time that service is available is when it isn't needed.
The dalek repeated my mobile number correctly so there was no reason for the text not being sent.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dimbutnice, 

Thanks for the post, I am sorry to hear about your issues with loss of broadband. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here for you and I can see that there's a lot of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs and an engineer will need to attend to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

dimbutnice
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't aware of the problem that you identified.  Samantha contacted me, arranged the engineer's visit and the guy has just been and fixed the fault.

My thanks to you both.  Brilliant service.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning dimbutnice,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad the engineer fixed the issue, that is great Smiley Happy

If there are any further issues by all means get back in touch and we can check it over for you. I appreciate the feedback you gave, that is really nice.

Take care

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide