Menu
DavidB55
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Losing internet connection

Despite many complaints and re-assurances of improving services during the past year, we are once again losing connectivity, sometimes having to re-boot 3 times a day. I am seriously considering leaving Virgin at the earliest opportunity. Meanwhile, what can be done now?

David

0 Kudos
Sarahb1
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing internet connection

Hi, I've had internet problems since October! I was advised there wasn't a problem and to restart hub. After 8wks I complained and was told there is a fault and it would be rectified 10/2/17. I'm still having the same problems and internet wifi signal keeps dropping. I have downloaded the speed test and the speeds are really poor!! I pay a lot a month I feel for a service I am not receiving. I should be 150m and it's usually only ever 10 to 23m download speed. Do I need new equipment?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there David,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are still having issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine with no time-outs reported since the router has been online.

Does this happen on both wired and wireless devices?

Do any lights change on the router at all?

If you can, it would be helpful if you can post the network log from the router settings. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log, you can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DavidB55
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Thanks for replying. Both wired and wireless devices fail. I haven't noticed anything different with the lights on the router. Will check it out. Here is the router status as requested.

Thanks

David

http://192.168.0.1/RouterStatus.html

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The link you posted will not work for us, I'm afraid. Also we need the network log from the router settings please when you get chance.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos