Menu
kevtucker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Loosing Connection to Broadband and slow speeds.

Hi can my line be checked out please.  Been loosing Connection every day since Tuesday during peak hours.

Account number ********

Area reference 14

Postcode BD4 ******

Also when I get the connection back I'm not getting 120mb only about 20mb.  Please can you investigate.  

Thanks

Kevin

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Helpful Answers
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loosing Connection to Broadband and slow speeds.

Much better to ring Virgin as it can take a week for a mod to see you post in here.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Much better to ring Virgin as it can take a week for a mod to see you post in here.

0 Kudos
kevtucker
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did thank you, its due to upgrade taking place in my area.

Kev

0 Kudos
rmclaren
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been having issues with my broadband since we signed up with Virgin.... latest is that there is a "utilisation fault" in the area that won't be fixed til end of Feb 2017.  Paying for 100mb package and getting 13mb at last look..... customer service not interested either.  They must be in breach of contract but prob is all the broadband providers seem like sharks so no idea where to go next!

0 Kudos
kevtucker
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well thats a difficult choice as Virgin are the fastest around when it does work and I am normally lucky that mines normally quite stable but this fault has been since Tuesday now so I'm sure its not a "Upgrade issue" as they say.  Im not waiting on the phone for 1/2 hour again just to be told this and when contacting through Twitter you get the same old webpage to check which to me always says Broadband is fine Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
bigsparks
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i pay for 50 and never achieve this its down to 5 today . will try and pay them a tenth of the bill this month , then go back to BT , let u know how i get on, this is a con the speeds they quote
rpj98
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This happens to me as well. Sometimes as low as 8 MB or just nothing at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kevtucker, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with loosing connection and slow broadband speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test your connection form here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, I will require some information from you in order to proceed with diagnostics.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos