Menu
GerryRo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Logging an area fault

Any advice would be helpful after a laborious bout of contacting the support team on 150.

Problem. Router not working. Router 2ac. Bottom 3 lights constant blue.

Summary of conversation with Virgin media telephone representative. The representative I spoke to thought it was a fault in our area. I asked him why. He said he could see that a number of customers in the surrounding streets to me had just booked engineers to come out to fix a similar problem. This left Tuesday the quickest slot available for me to book an engineers visit. But he said the good news was that if an outside fault was reported theengineerswould rectify the problem in 24 hours and I wouldn't have to wait 3 days. Great I said then they would fix it in 24 hours
No he said, because the problem was not reported.
But you know about it I suggested. And you are Virgin Media and you are telling me that it is an outside problem in the area so you can report the problem to the engineers?
No
Why not?
Because only the engineers report problems
So until the first engineer comes out this problem won't be logged as an external problem in the area?
Yes he confirmed

My question is how can I get Virgin media engineers to log the problem now. Rather than wait in patient vigil for the first engineer's visit to some other poor sod in my area that's been trying to get the same problem rectified quickly?
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Logging an area fault

GerryRo wrote:

My question is how can I get Virgin media engineers to log the problem now. Rather than wait in patient vigil for the first engineer's visit to some other poor sod in my area that's been trying to get the same problem rectified quickly?

Hi Gerry,

I feel your frustration but I doubt there's any way to speed things up unless a member of the Forum Team happens along and can arrange something.

You could try using the Check Service Status (top right of this page) then use the Run a Test button and after that you should get a facility to book an engineer online ... see if you can get an earlier date.     Good luck.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
GerryRo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave_cq. I'd given that a go and the result of the test was to suggest I ring them. I haven't got the emotional strength to go through that again. Hopefully a Virgin media person will look at the forum and perhaps log the problem
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When people from the same part of the network call in about a same problem, each would get a individual engineer appointment booked in. After enough people from said same part of the network call in about said problem, it would automatically be flagged as an area fault and all the individual engineer appointments would be cancelled. A single customer cannot call in and demand a fault to be flagged as an area wide fault.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
GerryRo
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. Sounds a slow process. And surprising that Virgin media's own customer service op, who has himself noted the problem was likely to be an area fault , couldn't flag it to an engineer.
0 Kudos