Menu
StevieMG
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keep losing signal

As a new customer (three days) I'm not impressed... keep losing WiFi signal, Router spends more time with green lights flashing than anything else... and now tv interference... spoke to customer services twice, need to wait another four days for an engineer... is this the type of service I should expect or am I just unlucky
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Keep losing signal

Which green lights flashing? 

Do you have the same problems with a wired connection, just want to confirm if this is a wifi issue or an issue with your internet.

If wifi, then flashing sometimes indicates difficulty in finding a free wifi channel, so might be worth getting a wifi scanning app, to see how crowded the wifi is in your area, also maybe wonder around a little to see how the signal strength varies throughout your property.

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Which green lights flashing? 

Do you have the same problems with a wired connection, just want to confirm if this is a wifi issue or an issue with your internet.

If wifi, then flashing sometimes indicates difficulty in finding a free wifi channel, so might be worth getting a wifi scanning app, to see how crowded the wifi is in your area, also maybe wonder around a little to see how the signal strength varies throughout your property.

0 Kudos
StevieMG
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All three lights turn green and drops signal using wired connection as well, virtually impossible to use Xbox at the moment... tv interference is new though...
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sounds possibly like signal problems all around.

could you go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in but go to the hub status and post what you fund here, hiding your wan ip if it appears on anything.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello StevieMG,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Apologies for the connection problems. I can see an engineer has recently visited you, how did that go? If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos