Menu
Ali5
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just looked out my window and Virgin are digging up my front garden!

No letter, no note through the door to say we're doing this but don't worry we'll put it all back!  How rude, not a great start Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just looked out my window and Virgin are digging up my front garden!

i assume you ordered the service - i further assume you had confirmation that they were going to install - thats about all you will get

that said a knock on the door to inform you they were there and to see where you wanted them to run the cable would not have been out of order

Tony
0 Kudos
Ali5
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't ordered it or asked for it.  It's the general cable laying in the street, which is fine, I get that it will make some mess but wasn't expecting the garden to be dug up.  I think it's fair to have expected a note or knock on the door to say we're doing it but don't worry we'll put it all back.  Sure way to annoy your prospective customers before you've signed anyone up!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ahhh thats different - you need to contact the council as it will be them that have given permission - if you own the land they are digging on then they are out of order and they should not be - HOWEVER there are a number of threads on here similar where it turned out the land was classed as an access strip and not actually owned by the house owner who had either simply moved their border/fence or though the land was theirs - so a call to the council is your next move 

Tony
0 Kudos