Menu
DJPRLFC
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just joined, awaiting installation but worried

Just joined. Please help. In the uk, do virgin ever go through the bt street cable network?

Im very concerned that our street is not prepared for installation although they say it is. i dont want to cancel my bt n sky an be left with nout! 

Anyone please help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just joined, awaiting installation but worried

DJPRLFC wrote:

Just joined. Please help. In the uk, do virgin ever go through the bt street cable network?

No, VM's cable network is completely separate and doesn't use any of BT's infrastructure or cables.

Im very concerned that our street is not prepared for installation although they say it is. i dont want to cancel my bt n sky an be left with nout! 

Anyone please help?

Don't cancel your BT/Sky until after you're sure everything is fine with your VM connection.

DJPRLFC
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sheeeeeeesh not good they dont even know either way

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJPRLFC, 

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the forums, I am sorry you have had some conflicting information. 

Glad to see MUD_Wizard is on the case Smiley Happy

I have taken a look and all the information we have here says the area is serviceable, however there is a little bit of work that need to be done to ensure the quality of the service before the installation. 

I can see that you have an install date already booked in. 

How have things been for you since you posted? 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DJPRLFC
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma. but here we are, a full week later and still no works happening in my street? surely i shoukd bd seeing a road team digging up tarmac while my road is temporarily closed. its not happening at all. please can u find out when the road part of the job is going to happen

0 Kudos
catface1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do NOT cancel your existing broadband supplier until you are confident that VM have actually connected you to their network.
0 Kudos
catface1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

See my experience with VM under "Think again".
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJPRLFC,

Thanks for coming back to us. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your reply Smiley Sad

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. Have you seen any movement since posting?

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos