Menu
Raigmoul
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just been sent a used "Hub"??

Hi Everyone,

I've been with Virgin for almost 5 years now. I'm on the 70Mb package.

Last few weeks connectivity and speed have been really bad, after many calls to Virgin, I got sent a replacement Hub, which just arrived.

Upon opening the box, the replacement (Super Hub 2ac) looks like it's been used, couple of scratches, a dent, and quite a bit of dust.

Now I'm not that bothered with the way it looks, just wondering:

a. is this common? - i.e, sending used or most likely refurbished equipment

b. if indeed it is a used / refurbed hub, if I carry on having issues, would I be given the standard "we've just replaced your hub" treatment?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just been sent a used "Hub"??

Yes VM keep their broadband and TV kit in circulation. So after someone leaves, they return their kit to VM and it gets given to another customer after going through a process. Process wise it goes through the 'clean and screen' process to wipe any config etc left by the previous user.

So TL;DR; yes it is standard practice. When/if you ever need that one replacing you'll highly likely get another pre-used hub.

If you're having the same connectivity problems with the replacement then the first point of call would be to look at other factors that could be causing the problem rather than sending out another hub.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes VM keep their broadband and TV kit in circulation. So after someone leaves, they return their kit to VM and it gets given to another customer after going through a process. Process wise it goes through the 'clean and screen' process to wipe any config etc left by the previous user.

So TL;DR; yes it is standard practice. When/if you ever need that one replacing you'll highly likely get another pre-used hub.

If you're having the same connectivity problems with the replacement then the first point of call would be to look at other factors that could be causing the problem rather than sending out another hub.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Raigmoul
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke,
I've just activated the new-ish Hub, so far so good, too early yet.
As far as previous issues, I've done what I can from my end: hub location, channel selection ..etc. I guess that's why they sent me a replacement. Fingers crossed!!
With regards to returning equipment, in the box they sent me a leaflet saying no need to return the old hub, I should instead take it to a recycle centre. I'm going to call them later today to confirm.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Raigmoul wrote:

With regards to returning equipment, in the box they sent me a leaflet saying no need to return the old hub, I should instead take it to a recycle centre. I'm going to call them later today to confirm.

If it is a Superhub 1 / Superhub 2 / Superhub 2 AC then yes you don't need to return it. However, you might want to hold onto it as they are going are becoming rare as VM don't give them out anymore (unless in limited+exceptional situations.) Being that it was linked to your account, you can always have the activations switched around if you ever felt the need in the future.

Myself I have a Superhub 2 and a Superhub 2 AC and a hub 3.0, but I use my hub 3.0 mostly. But the others are there if I ever need them.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos