Menu
OlliemusPrime
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Isolator Cable

Hi,

I need to purchase a longer isolator cable than the one supplied with the initial set up kit, I am looking for one that is about 10m long, can anyone tell me what I need to buy? apologies for such a simple question, I am a caveman!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Isolator Cable

i take it you mean the cable between the isolator box and the superhub - if so the cable spec is special to VM so replacing it has to be done by them - add to that increasing the length to what you say may well affect the levels in the modem and degrade your input

VM will happily book a tech to sort what you want and check and adjust levels if needed - the downside is that as a not fault call out they charge £99 -- a call to retentions is worth while they may offer a lower price especially if you are out of contract

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
OlliemusPrime
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks tony, yes it is the cable that goes between the wall and the tv/broadband splitter. arguably I could just replace the tv cable from the splitter, would this have any side effects?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i think it would have the same effect  - all VM coax is special to them - triple shielded or something like that - there are cables available on amazon that are said to be ok - if you go that route check levels before and after

Tony
OlliemusPrime
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks again tony, one last question, if I decided to keep all existing wires but get a longer hdmi cable from the TiVo box to the tv (roughly 5m) would this have any negative side effects?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no that will not affect the signal