Menu
Herman2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is this normal?

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media on 7 June 2017. I was told my installation will happen after two weeks. After two weeks it was postponed for another two weeks. Then another two weeks. Then it was postponed for a month! The installation was meant to be the morning of 12 August. I received a phone call at 7pm 11 August. Telling me installation has to be postponed another two weeks (25 August, more than two and a half months after my order date).

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have never received such poor service from any company, ever. Every single time I am told "this will be the last time". And every time this turns out to be a lie.

Is this how Virgin operates? Lying to customers and never putting in any effort to get issues resolved sooner. Refusing to pay any of their staff a little overtime to get issues resolved, leaving their customers months without any internet, because I was stupid enough to believe Virgin and not arrange internet with a different provider.

My Virgin Media experience to date has been absolutely disgusting and has lowered our opinion of the entire Virgin brand.

If the experience is this poor trying to sign up with Virgin, how awful is Virgin when you are actually a customer?

Where can a person make a proper complaint? Most of the call centre people really just don't care. One even telling me to cancel my application.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this normal?

Hi Herman2

I do appreciate your start with us has not been the best and I am sorry that this is the case Smiley Sad

I can see that since you posted our teams have been doing what they can to support you.

With respect to this I can see that a complaint needs to be raised for you as per your post request.

For us to do this for you can you please pop back to me via my PM that you can find on the top right of the forums in the purple envelope,

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this normal?

Hi Herman

I have checked the details you have sent and can confirm that the works are booked for the date you have confirmed to me in your PM.

The cable pull has also been noted and confirmed as having been done so based on the evidence I can see there is no reason that I can anticipate for this to not go ahead as planned.

I've popped back on your PM with a reference number too for the complaint regarding the delay for you.

Thanks again and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"