Menu
H4MZ4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is it dangerous to have a SH2 plug on SH3?

Its been a year or so since I've been on VM. I also just noticed how people are getting black SH3s which annoys me with my whole TV area being black and there's a white SH that stands out.

Anyway, I was cleaning up some cables when I noticed how the plug shows that it should only be used on a SH2. I got it installed by VM, and it seems they provided the wrong plug.

Well it's been over a year so I doubt it's anything bad, just thought I'd share it along...

IMG_1573.JPG

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it dangerous to have a SH2 plug on SH3?

I presume when that batch of power adapters were made there was no such thing as the Super Hub 3 (which is why it isn't mentioned).

The specification of them are the same so it won't make any difference or cause any issues.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it dangerous to have a SH2 plug on SH3?

Yes you will be fine as the output is the same 12V 2.5A though the Hub 3.0 PSU is a brick type PSU. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos