Menu
NickLambert1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is Sky better than Virgin

Having signed up for Virgin on the 14th of November, our family of 4 became increasingly excited as our connection day approached. The 9th of December was the big day, super fast broadband and lots of channels in plenty of time for Christmas. With my wife booking a day of work and our Sky TV and fibre subscription cancelled we were all set.  With the installer showing up promptly that day things could not be going better, unfortunately that was as good as things were going to get.

Early on in his visit the installer confirmed that he was unable to get any signal from the cabinet, and as was confirmed by the guys laying the cable from the street to our house later that day, it transpired that part of the cabinet had not even been built yet. Clearly we were not going to get be getting connected that day, although quite why this had not been checked prior to our scheduled connection day beggars belief.

I would have thought at this point that a well oiled customer services team synonymous with Virgin services would kick in, and while the situation may not be rectified to our satisfaction that day, we would at least be taken care of and left knowing when the situation would be rectified. This could not have been further from the truth.

Having spent 1 hour on the phone to an overseas call centre where my wife was passed around between departments until she was ultimately told that the system was down and she would need to call back later. It seems that your call centres don’t allow outgoing calls.

Several more calls that day by wife only increased the frustration as it got us not further to finding out what was going on, although it was mentioned that we could expect a call from our area manager. 4 days after our supposed connection day we are still waiting for that call, or any communication from Virgin for the matter.

Not only did we not have the service we had signed up for, we were now faced with the prospect of Christmas without any Internet at all. Thankfully one call to Sky and their UK advisor had everything sorted out in around 15 minutes. We were not passed around multiple departments, they provided a 30 day rolling extension to our contract and could not have been more helpful and makes me wonder if it is the right decision to leave Sky at all!

Writing this long winded complaint in the hope that someone from Virgin actually responds as we have no desire to spend any more time on the phone with your 'support' representatives.  

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is Sky better than Virgin

VM overseas Call centres are a joke. Never had one fix any problem I have had.

The UK based ones are a lot better. Maybe VM will learn this one day.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
bigbearh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had to join sky fibre as Virgin have been unable to repair a fault on my 200Mb connection I have had 3 different engineers the last one was away from my house in his van in the street talking on his phone but he was unaware my neighbour was listening to him he was going on with some choice language on how he hadn't a clue what was wrong and he didn't have time to waste on my fault as he had other jobs to attend. The customer service from virgin is terrible. If i were you I would stick with sky.

0 Kudos
bigbearh
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I too have am Asus but it is only as good as the connection, if you get a good connection and dont have any faults great, if you get a fault on your line then good luck to them fixing it.
0 Kudos