Menu
Fez5000
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps going off!

Been with virgin for less than 2 months and it disconnects all the time. Fed up with it. The lights on the box are green and blinking at me. I run the test online and it says it looks like the equipment is disconnected....well it's not been touched it's all plugged in as it was set up. Numerous evenings ruined and work can't get done. Left bt because of this rubbish and I've got more of it now! Anyone help?? Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps going off!

Hello there Fez5000,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear about the disconnections you're experiencing, I know how frustrating this can get.

I can see you've been online for 2 days since your last reboot, and during this time there's been no time-outs which is good. Can you please ensure that the screw / push in cable that goes into your Hub is secure.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fez5000
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Checked everything it's all connected properly. Internet been ok for a few days but now it's disconnecting again. Got green lights on the box 1 of them is flashing. No problems in the area apparently. I don't know what to do
0 Kudos
retchid
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They lie either
1. Server broke or cable vandalised
2. They are doing maintenance and blocking users in batches.
3. They are incompetent.

Been with them since Telewest started 15+ yes probably this is worst it has been .

It will resolve itself when they fix it.

150 in you home phone to India they will say nothing wrong or it's you cables then 15 mins later your cables magically fix themselves. Hung up on them twice today got sick of their accents would rather suffer no connection until a reset.
Fez5000
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Such a pain I've only been switched a couple of months. I was with BT about a year before they started playing games with my connection but I can't get bt fibre so it was just slow plus now I have no landline which is good, no pain in the butt calls. Is what it is I guess can't win wherever you go Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fez5000, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your internet going off, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs.

I can't see anything that would suggest a problem, or anything out of the ordinary. 

Are you still having troubles with this? If so, please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for me to compare with the data held here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside. 

Also, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Is there any change to the Hubs lights when the issues occur?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fez5000
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It did go off last night brieflyou. Not sure about today haven't been in yet. I'm expecting it to go off at some point this evening. I'll check when I get in. When it happens there are 2 green lights that come on and 1 flashes. Nothing is connected by wire it is all wireless. Basically have 2 mobiles using the WiFi and a ps4 thats it. I'll have a look at it when I get chance later
Thanks
Nathan
0 Kudos